Hi folks,

Today I had some success to get Sun's SwingSet demo from Swing1.1 to run
with GNU Classpath. Unfortuately it is not 100% suitable for the
FreeSwingTestApps page, because it has a somewhat crazy license.
However, it is pretty impressive to see this run with Classpath and I
really want to share it with you, so I prepared a package for you to
download:

http://kennke.org/~roman/SwingSet.tgz

This contains a slight modification so that the HTML example is not
loaded (this would cause exceptions and requires lots of work still).
Run it with:

java -classpath build:SwingSet.jar SwingSet

and enjoy.

There are some small problems in it still, but all in all it looks quite
nice IMO. Good work Swing team! (the others also, but this is mostly
Swing related, so ...) I find it especially interesting that quite a lot
of the details also work ...

Maybe we can get some inspiration for our own Demo from this?

Cheers, Roman