On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:47:32 +0200
"Jeroen Frijters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> > Edwin Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> > > A solution to this is to use VMSystem.arraycopy instead of
> > > System.arraycopy. (StringBuffer already does that.)
> [...]
> > Yes, I know about this from when I was first bootstrapping
> > the generics branch about 18 months ago.  The fix is on that
> > branch, but obviously hasn't been merged across yet.
> > I'll try to do so before the release.
>
> Oh, I hadn't noticed that. I've just updated the version of
> StringBuilder in the main branch, but running a diff I see that the
> generics version still uses System.arraycopy in one place, so if you can
> merge that that would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeroen

So I see, although you didn't post a patch.

In general, can everyone please check against the generics branch in future
if there is something that could possibly have been implemented there already.
I'm trying to get things more in sync, but this takes time.

This can be easily done using:

http://fuseyism.com/java/comparison/generics-classpath-compare.html

which is updated nightly.

--
Andrew :-)

Department of Computer Science
University of Sheffield

http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~andrew

Say No2ID - Renew your UK passport in May 2006
http://www.renewforfreedom.org