I was reading about the Java2D rewrite and was wondering if there is more information about this available now.

http://developer.classpath.org/pipermail/classpath/2006-January/ 000020.html

I assume this is the work on the new CairoGraphics2D. Will this support headless mode? Will it still rely on Gtk, or be seperated from it? At the moment my gcj setup on OS X does not seem to support the java.awt.headless=true switch (gcj 4.1.1, classpath 0.20).

For the use in server environments, classpath should support Java2D in headless mode, without relying on any Gtk libraries, just Cairo.

Is this planed?

Jürg