Some of you might already be aware, but I recently proposed a query
language as an alternative to (or full replacement for) the Thrift/Avro
RPC interfaces.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.cassandra.devel/2370

For me, this isn't so much about making the raw Cassandra interface
"easier", as it is about making it more *stable*.  Or to put it another
way, I continue to believe that high quality idiomatic client libraries
are The Answer, what I want to do is make it easier for library
maintainers to focus on the features of *their* APIs, and spend less
time chasing Cassandra's, while giving user's interfaces that are
backward compatible across major versions.

That makes this group the primary target audience, and so I'd love to
have everyone involved in the process.  If this interests you, I've
submitted a Cassandra issue to coordinate the related goals for 0.8.

Discuss!

--
Eric Evans
eev...@rackspace.com