I am coming to Clojure from the Java side, and am completely ignorant
about lisp indentation & newline conventions.

Some things are easy to pick up from posted examples and common
sense...newline + tab after the parameters vector when defining a
function, etc.

But I did some web searches on lisp & emacs conventions, and some
things aren't so clear. For example, this googled web page (http://
dept-info.labri.u-bordeaux.fr/~strandh/Teaching/MTP/Common/Strandh-
Tutorial/indentation.html) indicates that in the "if" special form,
each sub-expression should be aligned. Is this accomplished by tabs +
spaces until they align? What if the editor isn't using a fixed-width
font (or is it assumed that it always is?) Or is that the emacs editor
aligning things irrespective of what whitespace characters are really
there?

Which leads to the other immortal question - tab characters, or [n]
consecutive spaces? I'm fairly ambivalent myself and can go either
way, but is there a clear preferred way in the clojure community that
I would be better served by adhering to?

Does anyone know of a reference for, or would care to enumerate what
standard clojure indenting ought to be?

I'm particularly interested in this as I've been hacking about with a
clojure eclipse plugin for my own use and am considering adding auto-
indent features.