This is a rejuvenation of the old "calling Java from Clojure" thread

I have been looking at the solutions from Mark
/
   1) From a Java application, read a text file containing Clojure code
   and invoke specific functions it defines from Java code.
   2) Compile Clojure code to bytecode and use it from a Java application
   just like any other Java code.

   An example of the first option is provided at

http://markmail.org/message/tx23zaxf77b6widh#query:%22calling%20Clojure%22%20%22from%20Java%22+page:1+mid:tx23zaxf77b6widh+state:results.

  /

and Stuart
/
   Here's how I do it:

   import clojure.lang.RT;
   import clojure.lang.Var;
   RT.loadResourceScript("source/file/on/classpath/here.clj");
   Var myfunction = RT.var("my-namespace", "my-function");
   myfunction.invoke("arg 1", "arg 2", ...); /

Where is the documentation on this Java API?  In particular, all these
functions seem to side-effect a single Clojure image.

Can I create several disjoint images?  Can I stop or destroy an image
that has run amok?

I want to use this for the IntelliJ plugin, and I don't want bogus user
code to clobber the IDE.  I also want the defined symbols for a file to
be a function just of the code in that file, not all the files that
happen to be loaded by the IDE at the moment.  How does Swank handle this?

Thanks
Peter