Under the suggestion of some people in the #clojure channel, I started
working on a date library for Clojure since the built-in Java one is
kind of a mess. It's not totally complete, but I think it could be
quite useful. It supports getting the current date and time, and
creating dates based on input. It also has excellent date formatting
and parsing support, which allows users do define they're own custom
date formats as well as using the built-in java ones.

The code is here: http://gist.github.com/49656

I was wondering if this could get added to clojure-contrib. I'm not
really sure how things work for the project, but I figured this would
be the best place to ask. Dates are a pretty basic data structure, so
I think many would benefit from having this.