While using the code distributed with Stu Halloway's "Programming
Clojure" book I get the following exception from (read-line):
java.lang.ClassCastException:
clojure.lang.LineNumberingPushbackReader (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)

So I downloaded the latest trunk from SVN, and (read-line) works
fine. However, as I tried to run Stu's translation of Peter Seibel's
PCL ch. 3 (http://blog.thinkrelevance.com/2008/9/16/pcl-clojure-
chapter-3), I got this exception:
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: lazy-seq in this
context (duck_streams.clj:175)

At first I thought this was a problem with my clojure-contrib. But I
realized I needed the lazy branch of Clojure from SVN. I downloaded
that, and the problem with lazy-seq goes away. But now (read-line) is
broken again...

Here's read-line from trunk:
(defn read-line
   "Reads the next line from stream that is the current value of *in* ."
   [] (. *in* (readLine)))

And the lazy branch:
(defn read-line
   "Reads the next line from stream that is the current value of *in* ."
   [] (. #^java.io.BufferedReader *in* (readLine)))

Apparently *in* is a LineNumberingPushbackReader:
public class LineNumberingPushbackReader extends PushbackReader{

Can't be cast to BufferedReader...

What's the policy for fixing something like this?

Aloha,
David Sletten