From: clojure@googlegroups.com <clojure@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
lawrence.krub...@gmail.com <lawrence.krub...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 8:39:11 AM
To: Clojure
Subject: Exception: clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo thrown from the
UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "main"

I'm not sure what I did, but suddenly I'm getting this:

Exception: clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler
in thread "main"

Exception: clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler
in thread "Thread-0"

I had been using println to do some debugging, but then I added :

                 [com.taoensso/timbre "4.10.0"]

I think that is the last think I did. Then I did:

lein uberjar

And then I tried to run that from the command line.

I've added a bunch of logging to try to get a stacktrace, but none of this is
working so far:

(defn -main [& args]

  (slingshot/try+

   ;; 2017-10-04 -- see this:
   ;;
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28908835/ssl-peer-shut-down-incorrectly-in-java
   (System/setProperty "https.protocols" "TLSv1.1")

   (.addShutdownHook (Runtime/getRuntime)
                     (Thread.
                      #(do (error "addShutdownHook triggered. This app is
shutting down.")
                           (stop))))

   ;; 2017-07-12 -- stealing code from here:
   ;; https://stuartsierra.com/2015/05/27/clojure-uncaught-exceptions
   ;; Assuming require [clojure.tools.logging :as log]
   (Thread/setDefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler
    (reify Thread$UncaughtExceptionHandler
      (uncaughtException [_ thread ex]
        (log "the app has died ")
        (log ex)
        (log "Uncaught background exception on thread " (.getName thread) "
Caught by Thread/setDefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler in core/main.")
        (System/exit 1))))

   (slingshot/try+
    (start)
    (catch Exception e
      (stack/parse-exception e)
      (log (str e))
      (log "the app has died!")
      (System/exit 1))
    (catch Throwable t
      (log t)
      (log "the app has died!")
      (System/exit 1))
    (catch Object o
      (log o)
      (log "the app has died!")
      (System/exit 1)))))

And yet all I get is:

Exception: clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler
in thread "main"

Exception: clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler
in thread "Thread-0"

Somehow the other lines that I try to print never get called. Nor my call to my
log function which should give me a stacktrace.

What is the obvious thing to do here?

clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.