From: clojure@googlegroups.com <clojure@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Kenneth
Reid Beesley <krbees...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:47:24 AM
To: Clojure
Subject: Noob: Getting (re)started with Clojure on OS X

I played happily with Clojure/leiningen several years ago, on OS X, but I'm
having trouble getting restarted.

I have
macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
java version 1.8.0_05

and I just did

$ brew upgrade leiningen
(it confirms that I have leiningen 2.9.1 already installed)

and
$ brew install clojure
(I now have stable 1.10.0.414)

But then I try

$ lein repl

and get

WARNING: You have $CLASSPATH set, probably by accident.

It is strongly recommended to unset this before proceeding.

clojure.lang.Compiler$CompilerException: Syntax error compiling at
(cider/nrepl.clj:1:1).

#:clojure.error{:phase :compile-syntax-check, :line 1, :column 1, :source
"cider/nrepl.clj"}

 at clojure.lang.Compiler.load (Compiler.java:7647)

and

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not locate
clojure/tools/nrepl/server__init.class, clojure/tools/nrepl/server.clj or
clojure/tools/nrepl/server.cljc on classpath.

 at clojure.lang.RT.load (RT.java:466)

So, where am I going wrong?  How do I get back in the Clojure saddle on OS X?

Ken Beesley

clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.