Hi Albert

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Albert Cardona <sapri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark Engelberg wrote:
>>  Can anyone point me to a PIL-like library that will work from Clojure?
>

> Hi Mark,
>
> We use clojure to handle the java-only ImageJ application and library.
>
> It's not what you'd call an industrial-strength library, but rather a
> dedicated practical application for scientific image processing.
>
> All file formats on Earth are supported. If you format is not listed,
> just use File - Import - Raw... and specify header size, data format,
> etc. to decode it into an image.
>
> While ImageJ ij.jar can be used independently, we wrapped it with
> clojure and many other libs in a package named Fiji, available at
>
>   http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de
>
> There are numerous clojure examples here:
>
>   http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/index.php/Clojure_Scripting

This looks really interesting.  One thing I noticed, though, is that
the page links to "clojure.sourceforge.net" as the Clojure web site.
Although that does redirect to the correct place (clojure.org) it
could give people the false impression that Clojure is still hosted on
Sourceforge.  (Yes, I know it's a Wiki, but it's easier to reply to
your message than to create yet another account on yet another web
site just to make one minor change.)

By the way, I've never used ImageJ, but would be interested to know
why you say it is "not what you'd call an industrial-strength
library".

--
Michael Wood <esiot...@gmail.com>