Alan,

> 4. I could possibly try to replicate your proposed experiment explicitly,
but I no longer have easy access to 1.10.1.645 since Homebrew has been
fixed.  I did find the `brew-install` repo on GH, but am not certain how to
replicate the broken install of *.645.

Per the clojure/homebrew-tools readme:
https://github.com/clojure/homebrew-tools#version-archive-tool-releases

brew install clojure/tools/clojure@1.10.1.645

You may also need:

brew link --overwrite clojure@1.10.1.645

This allows you to easily switch back and forth between different versions
for testing.

--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
An Architect's View -- https://corfield.org/