> Okay, this seems to have to do with characters acting as wildcards in the
password itself. This is in the .env file:

I don't know what library you are using for managing your configuration but
perhaps it interprets $n as an environment variable called n and
substitutes the value (which will be empty, in general).

--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
An Architect's View -- https://corfield.org/

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."