I've been speaking with the Terracotta engineers, so here is an update on a
couple of the issues:

1) array.clone(). It turns out this is a bug in Terracotta. They have
acknowledged it, and will be working to resolve it. However, they mentioned
(as I have found else where on the interweb[1][2]) that arraycopy is
slightly faster than array.clone(), though nothing to write home about, so
it may be worth rolling that change back into Clojure, or at least it won't
hurt.

2) AtomicReference. They seem to think that adding support for AR in
Terracotta is low hanging fruit for someone who wants to write a patch, and
somehow they roped me into doing it. ;)

3) Boolean.TRUE != Boolean.TRUE across VMs. This also is a bug that they are
working to resolve.

So it looks like three of the biggest issues I had to work around in getting
Clojure to work with Terracotta, will be resolved on the Terracotta side.
This means that the Terracotta Integration Module that I wrote[3] will
pretty much boil down to a configuration file.

I think the only other *serious* issue is the problem with *in*, *out*, and
*err*. Either they need to be made into "special" vars, or derefed
specially, because their root values cannot be put into the TC cluster.

That's all folks!

Paul

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/f63fdf8da28004f0