Do you mean map the function or map the data structure?

If the most natural form of your data is truly "rows", you're probably
best off using a vector data structure. As for which function you use,
that depends whether you're doing something to every element or only
to specific elements, and if you know which position those elements
are in or if you have to search for them, etc.