On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:20:52 -0400
Kyle Schaffrick <k...@raidi.us> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:36:25 -0700 (PDT), Sean Devlin
> <francoisdev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> > Does anyone know of a moving window function?  I'm curious if there
> > are any tools like this for digital signals processing, 30-day
> > moving averages, etc.
>
> If you need weighted moving averages, this is a tad ugly but seems to
> work ..

Okay it is still a tad ugly but hopefully now it won't be because
the blasted mail client mutilated it :)

  (defn weighted-moving-average*
    "Generate a lazy sequence consisting of weighted moving averages
    over the pre-partitioned input sequence. The weights parameter
    should be a sequence of weights the same length as the partition
    size."
    [weights input]
    (lazy-seq
      (when-let [input (seq input)]
        (let [weight-sum         (apply + weights)
              weighted-input-sum (apply + (map * weights
                                                 (first input)))]
          (cons (/ weighted-input-sum weight-sum)
                (weighted-moving-average* weights (rest input)))))))

  (defn weighted-moving-average
    "Generate a lazy sequence consisting of weighted moving averages
    over the input sequence. The weighting is given by weight-fn, having
    a domain 0..1 which will be scaled across win-size elements to
    calculate the weighting."
    [weight-fn win-size input]
    (let [weight-samples (reverse (for [t (range 1 (inc win-size))]
                                    (/ t win-size)))
          weights        (map weight-fn weight-samples)]
      (weighted-moving-average*
        weights (partition win-size 1 input))))