On Jul 1, 8:55 am, Nicolas Oury <nicolas.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Use java arrays for memory. You don't seem to use the vectors in a
> persistent way, and there does not seem to be easy parallelization of the
> vm. That's less elegant but probably quicker. I wouldn't say the same thing
> if there were possible ways of using persistency later on in the problem.

I have already started on that path, I have created an experimental
version of the VM that stores machine state in Java arrays. That gives
me around 100% speed increase (from 600 to approx. 1200 program
executions / second).

[SNIP interesting advice]

This looks like an interesting approach. I will try it out. I have
been avoiding the use of macros for some time now, maybe this is an
ideal opportunity to learn how to use them :)

--
Igor.