On Jul 6, 2009, at 3:13 PM, Tom Emerson wrote:

Thanks Paul, for the quick response.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Phil Hagelberg<p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
That's right. Side note to folks with commit access: it would be a good
idea to check in a note to the deprecated repositories telling people
where to go for the latest versions.

Or, better, do away with those obsolete repos entirely. But whatever.

In the case of SourceForge, they have a strong preference for keeping old repos around. I think it's confusing, but I recall looking into it and finding that was their policy. I'm not sure whether or not Google Code has a similar preference. Some clear, local indication in each repository that marks it as "no longer maintained, see clojure.org for current info" would be a win of course.

[snip]
Someone recently branched a 1.0-compatible contrib. I don't think
there's a tarball for it yet. IIUC the only breaking change so far has
been the move of test-is out of contrib to Clojure itself.

So I guess my unstated question is this: what is the GIT incantation
to get a particular branch of a repository (or whatever the GIT
terminology is for it)? The documentation for git-clone doesn't help
much, and none of the tutorials I've read seem to talk about this.

This has some good info about that:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/67699/how-do-i-clone-all-remote-branches-with-git

(Google: git clone remote branch)

Other git links I've found useful: