On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:25 PM, John Harrop <jharrop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Richard Newman <holyg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried simpler things like splitting the offending function
>> into a separate namespace, or seeing what happens with (or without)
>> AOT compilation?
>

> I didn't get around to that because I accidentally fixed the bug somehow. I
> moved a few functions that I realized were general purpose over to a
> separate utils project and recompiled everything. The source file with the
> problem contained some of the functions I moved, and now loads correctly. It
> looks like one of those functions conflicted in some way with the newer
> version of the function posted to this thread, though I'm baffled as to how
> or why. None were directly called by it, or otherwise directly referenced by
> it, nor vice versa.

And now it's mysteriously back after I implemented a few more functions. I
can't find any obvious errors in any of the new code.

Weirdly, if I copy the entire source file, paste it at the REPL, and hit
enter, the error does not occur!

Somehow, code that is treated as valid when compiled a function at a time is
treated as invalid when compiled all at once. That pretty much proves it's
an implementation bug, since the same code can't both be buggy and be fine
at the same time. :(