On Jul 17, 2009, at 9:05 AM, AlamedaMike wrote:

As I say, technically very trivial, but it violates the principal of
least surprise (for me). I bring it up only because of reasons of
broader acceptance by the business community. I know how some of them
think, and even trivial stuff like this will make them think (it ain't
solid yet). As the head of a Swedish airline once said, "Passengers

It looks like somehow you're seeing a very old REPL or it's not the default REPL you get from launching Clojure via clojure.main. Here's what I get from both Clojure 1.0 and the current git HEAD:

  user=> 34,6
  34
  6
  user=> (* 7 8) (+ 3 4) (* 3 2)
  56
  7
  6
  user=> 454 65
  454
  65
  user=> (* 7 8) 3423
  56
  3423
  user=> (* 7 8) 3423
  56
  3423
  user=>

The command line I used to launch the REPL for the test is (from within the clojure directory):

  java -cp clojure.jar clojure.main.

I didn't like the behavior you were noting either. When I rewrote the REPL in Clojure, I made it work as shown above. Do you think the Swedes would approve?

--Steve