I'll admit that I haven't done much GUI programming at all, but I'm
finding that I want to throw together small simple Gui apps with
Clojure.  My problem is that every way I try to build my app, it feels
wrong (ugly, over complex, etc).  My current least-ugly solution is to
share a ref between the gui elements as a sort of connector.  Here's a
code example http://clojure.pastebin.com/f3d1f1c00.  I'm interested to
hear how other people would construct this same simple app.
For those that don't want to take a peak at the code, I have just 2
elements, a proxy for a JPanel & a slider.  Moving the slider causes
the JPanel to draw differently.

Cheers,
Brad