Hello,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM, tmountain <tinymount...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To apply that to a data structure, you'd need to walk your structure
> and compare the elements contained within against the desired type.
> Depending on the structure, you could do something similar to this.
>
> (defn exclusively-contains-type? [datatype coll]
>  (every? true? (map #(instance? datatype %1) coll)))

Thanks for the suggestions, walking the structure seems like the way to go.

> This being said, Clojure is dynamically typed for a reason. It's best
> not to enforce types with an iron fist unless you absolutely have to.
> I've written large amounts of code without ever worrying about the
> explicit concrete type working behind the scenes, but if it gives you
> warm fuzzies, then by all means ;-).

Well, I only want to enforce duck-typing :-) - for instance, make sure
via unit tests that a function that should return a data structure
with certain properties always returns such a data structure.

I'll try to formalize my fuzzy ideas as code. Thanks for giving me
some starting points.

--
Miron Brezuleanu