Hello all,

I am writing a book on Clojure for Apress - you can read about it at
http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430272317 (be aware, before you
consider buying it, that it's still VERY rough and less than half
done)

It's coming along well. I am enjoying the writing, and I feel it will
be a good resource to supplement what is already available.

Unfortunately, it is progressing rather slowly. It's my first book,
and somewhat more labor-intensive than I had guessed, in addition to
which I am working full time on several other projects. Apress would
like to publish as soon as possible, and in order to do that we
decided to see if we could bring in some guest authors to help out and
write some chapters. That's where you all come in.

We're looking for one or more guest authors to contribute 1 to ~5
chapters. Each chapter needs to be at least 20 pages long
(approximately). There will be compensation, with advances, royalties
and marketing recognition proportionate to the amount of work
contributed.

The list of chapters so far looks like this:

1       The Clojure Way
2       The Clojure Environment
3       Defining Symbols and Functions
4       Data Types and Structures
5       Sequences
6       State Management
7       Namespaces and Libraries
8       Multimethods
9       Metadata
10      Working with Java
11      Parallel Programming
12      Macros & Metaprogramming
13      Appendices (Overview of Clojure tooling and environments,
overview of Java)

I've finished through chapter 5.

If you've written about Clojure in the past, or if you feel you are
able to write lucidly about any of the following chapters, with
examples, then I strongly encourage you to consider doing this. It
would be a great help to Apress, and having more variety of experience
in the book can only make it stronger. It will continue, either way,
but this is a great opportunity to be a part of it and help it get to
market more quickly (hurray for parallelism in writing!) .

Also, if you have an idea for an additional chapter that you're
willing to contribute, we will definitely entertain the idea - I
didn't initially put in chapters about web programming, GUI
programming or unit testing in Clojure to keep the scope down, but
these are all deserving topics if someone really wants to give them a
shot.

If you are interested, reply here, or send me an email to me, or to my
editor Michelle Lowman ( michellelow...@apress.com ) so we can talk
about it.

Thanks very much for considering this.

Sincerely,