On Dec 31 2009, 9:58 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> I wonder if it would be a good idea to include a clojure.io
> namespace in Clojure itself. I've mentioned the idea a few times on IRC,
> and people seemed to be very much in favour.

I've considered this too, but I know Rich Hickey has plans for a
dedicated I/O library.  It's been on http://clojure.org/todo for a
while.  Details are sketchy, but presumably it would be functional,
stream-based, and thread-safe.

The I/O contrib libs are mostly convenience wrappers around the
java.io classes and do not represent a well-thought-out API.  (I know
because I wrote some of them.)

-SS