What I'd like to do is mock a full name-space for the purpose of testing
other functions that use or require the original name-space.  Do people have
ideas or best practices for how I can do this?

The problem comes in that I very much prefer doing my uses/requires in the
name space declaration.  If I used the require or use functions, I could
wrap them in an if statement.  For example, I could do something like:

(ns foo)
(if (not *testing*) (require 'bar) (require 'mock-bar))

But the problem is, I want to do:
(ns foo
    (require bar))

instead of having a free-standing require statement.  Which makes it hard to
mock out the name space.

So what's the best way to do this?

Brian