Well, if people are in the mood for fun, hybrid, Clojure REPLs...

The latest version of Field (a mac-only open source IDE for digital art)
secretly supports Clojure as one of its embedded languages (screenshot
here<http://openendedgroup.com/field/attachment/wiki/OtherLanguages/clojureIntegration.png>,
more information about Field
here<http://openendedgroup.com/field/wiki/StandardLibrary>).
This means you can write:

# these lines are Python (strictly, Jython)
xxx =15
vv = Vector3(1.2,0,1) # Vector3 is actually Java Class

// start-clojure

(defn asum [#^floats xs]
 (areduce xs i ret (float 0)
(+ ret (aget xs i))))

(println (asum (float-array [xxx (.x vv) 3])))

// end-closure

# back to Python, in beta 11
_clojure.asum(array('f', [1,2,3]))

-------

Installation instructions upon request: it's just an undocumented hack right
now, but it's a working hack. You can use it to write code against
the Field's OpenGL graphics system or Processing libraries. If anybody is
excited (rather than repulsed or outraged) by this we could use some Clojure
hacking talent to make it real.

best,

Marc.