Baishampayan Ghose <b.gh...@ocricket.com> writes:

> It would be great if someone pointed out some example usage of
> promise/deliver.

I've used them in cases where I think I need a future, but I don't want
to wrap the future around some function just to catch and propagate its
result elsewhere. In Clojure, the `future' and `future' call functions
include the spawning of the function's execution in another
thread. That's really several separate concerns:

  future = function + promise + async + deliver

Exposing `promise' and `deliver' directly allows one to use other means
of spawning asynchronous work (or not) while still retaining the
block-on-a-latching-result capability.

--
Steven E. Harris