Hi,

ok. Let's show off some environments.

I work at home on the "small" MacBook. Although I was first skeptical about the
VimRepl I now mostly use it as "Repl". I found that easy deleting of output
(eg. a stacktrace) is quite nice to keep interesting things on the screen. One
just has to keep the limitations in mind.

So I have on the left one MacVim instance running with a repl window on top and
the currently edited file at the bottom (further split as the need arises).
Buffers are multiplexed via NERDTree or BufExplorer. On the right I have a
Terminal with multiple tabs where I run mercurial or other commands. In one tab
a gradle task fires up the nailgun server. I use a dev-only configuration
(similar to leiningen) to suck in the vimclojure.jar. So I never have to care
for the classpath since gradle sets it up for me depending on the given project.

>From the dynamic features of VimClojure I use code evaluation and the buffer
>repl very heavily. Also the dynamic syntax highlighting and the omni
>completion.

On other virtual desktops Mail, Safari and similar setups for different
projects linger around.

Probably not very impressing for pros like most of you, but for my half-baked
after-work hacking it is sufficient. It is stable and 100% carefree with a
suitable build system (read gradle, maven, leiningen or ivy).

At work I have a similar setup, where I have the nailgun server embedded in a
dev Jetty instance. Start up the server, hot evaluate some function with et,
reload in the browser, change, et, reload, change, et, reload, .... very
efficient (at least for my standards). Again I use gradle to start the server.

With this setup I *never* *ever* had a problem with the classpath!

YMMV, of course.

Sincerely
Meikel