I had proposed that c.c.sql use c.c.logging, and Steve was ok with that, but I held off after all the back and forth about logging itself.

I would be just as happy to see no logging & no wrapping/throwing at this level. If you make a patch that does this (and nag me a little :-) ) I will make sure it gets discussed on dev and acted on.

Stu

2) c.c.sql shouldn't assume that we want anything printed at all?!
Just throw the SQLException.

Printing to *err* is acceptable IMO. This is the common "should my
library write log messages, and if so how?" problem. I'd rather have
it print to *err* than use Java Logging.

Why log anything at all?  The relevant information is (or can be)
stored in the exception.  I don't want to see clojure contrib embrace
the catch/log/re-throw idiom.  I couldn't find any other code in
contrib that follows this approach.

Jason