(map handler (iterator-seq result-set)) always throws a NoSuchElementException

(map handler (butlast (iterator-seq result-set))) always works.

(count (iterator-seq result-set)) is returning the correct number of
elements. Calls to first, second, nth, also work correctly.

When I manually test a result-set of three elements,
[(handler (.next result-set))
 (handler (.next result-set))
 (handler (.next result-set))]
evaluates correctly, while adding one more .next call results in the
same NoSuchElementException.

Using butlast fixes the problem, but then I obviously lose the last
element in the result set. This code is replacing vanilla Java code
which used .hasNext() and .next() without problem for a couple of
months, so I doubt it's the class (com.hp.hpl.jena.query.ResultSet)
incorrectly implementing Iterator.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?

Rob