Hey Meikel,

Thank you for your suggestions!

I changed the dereferencing and looked at swing-utils in contrib. It
doesn't seem like there's a lot I can use straight, but I did get an
idea to write a function add-component-listener, that I can use.

Who's in charge of swing-utils? I just thought they might like to add
the add-component-listener to the package.

Well here it is anyways:

http://github.com/pparkkin/clojure.pparkkin/blob/master/pparkkin/graph_view.clj#L116

Paavo