Related to controlling an Arduino with Clojure, a while ago I put
together a wrapper enabling interacting with a group of IXM boards
(cousin to the Arduino) from a Clojure REPL.

http://repo.or.cz/w/ixm-repl.git

Although in this case the boards are exposed through a shell script
which the Clojure REPL wraps.