Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing this.  It seems like the best compromise between the
desire to keep my code brief (at least to my eyes) without wanting to
introduce my own custom function names for global functions.

If you don't mind I'd like to add this to my fork of the Emacs Starter
Kit (will credit you as author).

Best -- Eric