Ken Wesson <kwess...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Eric Schulte <schulte.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ken Wesson <kwess...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Are you honestly suggesting I search the archives
>>
>> It is common courtesy on open-source lists such as this one to check if
>> a question you are about to ask has already been answered.
>
> As I believe I already mentioned, if everyone spends a while searching
> some archives every time they are going to post, this list's traffic
> will drop to nearly nil. Do we really want that?

1. I disagree with your assertion that traffic would drop to zero, and
2. I would not mind if posts which repeat previous posts were not sent

but maybe I'm wrong, and creating a vibrant open-source community is as
simple as a thesaurus-equipped script which re-sends old mailing list
posts with some synonym replacement. :)