On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:21, Bruce Durling <b...@otfrom.com> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Smack looks delightfully straightforward. I think I'll give it a shot
> thanks!

Smack has a bunch of oddities once you start wanting to do anything past
simple message processing. The predominate issue (this as of smack 3.0 I
believe) was that each XMPP connection fires up 4 threads, since we (heysan)
were using this in a service setting (consider something similar to meebo)
this really impacted our scalability.

If you're not creating a chat site for teens - you're good to go!

XMPP itself is a relatively simple protocol (primarily since it is so well
documented). If someone were game to build a pure clj implementation on top
of something like aleph I'd definitely donate 15hours a week to help. The
world needs a better JVM XMPP stack, imho.