On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Andy Fingerhut <andy.finger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you concerned that there are differences in regex implementations between
> host platforms?

Slightly.

> Or are you hoping that someone develops a portable-between-Clojure-hosts
> regex implementation and adds that to clojure.string?

No. Definitely not.

The point I was trying to make, gently, is this: what NEEDS to go to
clojure.string and what can work just fine in an independent library?

Ideally, additions to clojure.string should focus on the things you
need in order to write functions like 'dasherize.' Let's get those
done first, then it's easy to write a cross-platform "string munging"
library containing things like dasherize, camel-case, etc. Once that
library exists, and has been around long enough to stabilize, and has
proven so essential that most Clojure programs end up needing it, THEN
we can put it in clojure.string.

-S