Today Linode announced that their database was attacked[1]. Clojars is
hosted on Linode, and while we have no evidence that the attackers used
their access to break into the VPS instance which hosts Clojars, we
can't rule out the possibility. Other VPS instances[2] have been broken
into.

Apparently the attack happened two weeks ago. In order to confirm that
there was no attack, we want to verify checksums of all the artifacts we
can based on copies that were fetched before the attack.

If you run a private proxying internal repository for your company, you
can help us verify checksums. I'll be posting a follow-up soon with some
code you can use to calculate and publish checksums so we can
investigate discrepancies.

At this point you should be aware that there is some risk in continuing
to pull artifacts from Clojars while the verification is in process. If
you have a private proxying repository, you may want to disable the
Clojars source to avoid pulling in any new possibly-compromised
artifacts and possibly clear out any artifacts that were fetched within
the past two weeks.

If you can help out with the verification process, please join the
#leiningen channel on freenode or reply to me personally.

thanks,
Phil

[1] - http://blog.linode.com/2013/04/16/security-incident-update/

[2] - http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2013/q2/3