On 07/09/2014 17:51, Yuexiang Zhang wrote:

 From Nginx-Clojure the most attractive things to us is :

 1. Nginx's architecture is Master + Worker processes, Nginx-Clojure
    embed one JVM in per Worker process. So if any of worker process
    crashes, the other JVM instances can still work and the Master will
    recreate a new Worker process embedding with a new JVM instance.
 2. Nginx's perfect performance when handle even over 10 thousand
    connections
 3. Coroutine based socket let old Java Socket API based app/libraries
    won't lock a thread anymore
 4. IO (Coroutine based socket, Asynchronous socket & Channel) are on
    top of Nginx IO API which is more worldly-wise than Java NIO on huge
    scalar server application.
 5. JVMs are not goot at huge memory management. Configurable multiple
    JVM instances (is the same number of Nginx Worker processes) will
      manage less memory. e.g. we have ten Nginx Worker processes in one
    Nginx instance every JVM instance will only manage 1/10 memory
 6.   Nginx already has many modules / features such as rate limit ,
    spdy , pages cache, image filter etc. Most of them maybe are
    difficult or less effective to be implemented in pure Java world.

I'm fairly new to Clojure/JVM but I was under the impression Java webservers such as Wildfly (= JBoss) had a reputation for managing memory efficiently by spawning threads, ie. only a single JVM instance required? Your scenario with multiple JVMs/1 per worker sounds like a much bigger memory footprint but, as I said, I'm new to Java.

gvim

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Clojure" group.