I've been working on an implementation of Harel's statecharts based on his
original paper
(http://www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il/~dharel/SCANNED.PAPERS/Statecharts.pdf)
and Horrocks' excellent "Constructing the User Interface with Statecharts"
(http://www.amazon.com/Constructing-User-Interface-Statecharts-Horrocks/dp/0201342782).

There's a brief demo of using statecharts with ClojureScript livereloading
here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57wJpfMcfnU

However, my implementation is experimental and I want to spend six months
building real software with Harel's notation before I consider releasing
any code.
If you end up exploring the space and want to discuss design/implementation
issues re: statecharts, I'd be happy to discuss off-list.

cheers,

Kevin