Hi Adrian,

I'll share some of my experiences.

* Is Clojure CLR production ready?
Yes, I have been using it in production for about 2 years now.

* Do its version numbers correspond to the core Clojure version numbers?
 (would it be fair to say the Java version is the core version)
It's fair to say that the Java is the core version, but Dave Miller (the
ClojureCLR maintainer) does a pretty good job of keeping it up to date with
the Java version.

* Is it sensible to think in terms of writing platform independent code in
the same way as we do with cljx files in ClojureScript?
It is feasible if you put the effort into testing and writing the code
correctly, but currently I don't think cljx supports ClojureCLR - you'd
probably need to add that functionality yourself.

* How good is the Visual Studio support for Clojure?
I use emacs and *inferior-lisp* and am pretty happy with them so I can't
comment on the Visual Studio workflow.

* Does Leiningen work?
There is Shantanu's lein plugin and I've tried to do a proof of concept
"nlein", but there really isn't the equivalent thing in ClojureCLR. I
mostly deploy my .clj files as embedded resources in C# DLL's and have C#
call into Clojure to bootstrap things. I'm sure other people use other
strategies.

* Are there any significant pitfalls to be aware of?
Not as many libraries are available and you'll have to do a fair amount of
groundwork yourself. Startup time is similar to the JVM verison.

Overall, once I got past the initial hurdles, I found the environment to be
quite stable and a huge productivity boost. I would definitely recommend
ClojureCLR for projects with a big existing .NET code base. For new
projects, I do usually go with JVM Clojure mainly for access to more
libraries and IDE's. At the time when I started using ClojureCLR our team
was heavily invested in .NET so it made a lot of sense and was definitely
well worth it...

Be sure to check out the ClojureCLR google group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/clojure-clr