All the options I mentioned -- swift-lambdatron, Goby, and RoboVM can be
used to make apps to submit to the app store. None require jail breaking.
Goby and RoboVM have been used for apps that were accepted.
The compiled form of each app is a bonified Objective-C style LLVM binary.
The ClojureSwift hopeful, swift-lambdatron, is not yet ready to make apps.
--Sven

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Fluid Dynamics <a2093...@trbvm.com> wrote:

> On Monday, December 8, 2014 1:45:43 PM UTC-5, Sven Pedersen wrote:
>>
>> Austin Zheng has some code here
>> https://github.com/austinzheng/swift-lambdatron
>> that implements the basic syntax of Clojure with a REPL but does not
>> compile to LLVM bitcode yet. He's working on some cool ideas. I really like
>> Mike Fikes work on Goby and the example app Shrimp, and I've been
>> experimenting with them. However, a native solution that does not require
>> Objective C wrappers would be much easier to maintain. I'd really like to
>> see it take off...
>>
>> BTW, nobody has mentioned RoboVM yet; it is an alternative to run real
>> JVM Clojure on iOS.
>>

> Do either of those *not* require jailbreaking the phone?
>
> Does LLVM support fixnums? TCO?

> Google Groups "Clojure" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/clojure/HaswRFJw29g/unsubscribe.
> clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

``All that is gold does not glitter,
  not all those who wander are lost;
the old that is strong does not wither,
  deep roots are not reached by the frost.
>From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
  a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be blade that was broken,
  the crownless again shall be king.”