> 350ms sounds fast enough for a low-frequency user interaction. In fact, once
> login is fast enough not to annoy your users, you don't *want* any more
> speed from it, as further speedup then only benefits blackhats trying to
> brute-force one of your users' accounts. So, it might be a feature, not a
> bug.

Those seem like really weird statements to me. :-)

a) I thought it was 250 msec as the upper abound for things feeling
snappy. Tho others apparently say 100 msec or less.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/536300/what-is-the-shortest-perceivable-application-response-delay

b) If anybody is relying on 350 msec vs. e.g. 100 msec as some grand
solution to black hats brute forcing logins, I strongly suspect they
are doing it very wrong.