> On Aug 20, 2015, at 3:32 AM, Andy Dwelly <andydwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how how to create a java.lang.String<> ? Ideally how to
> convert a Clojure "some string" which is a java.lang.String to a
> java.lang.String<>.
> Also, although this is merely idle curiosity on my part, does anyone know
> what a java.lang.String<> actually is? The <> suggests a generic, but
> java.lang.String is not a container - although the <> is empty of course.

I don’t have a complete answer, but maybe these references will help:

I recall seeing a <> in this post:

http://tech.puredanger.com/2011/08/12/subclassing-in-clojure/
<http://tech.puredanger.com/2011/08/12/subclassing-in-clojure/>

and I see it mentioned here:

http://dishevelled.net/Tricky-uses-of-Clojure-gen-class-and-AOT-compilation.html

<http://dishevelled.net/Tricky-uses-of-Clojure-gen-class-and-AOT-compilation.html>

Maybe that argument is an array of Object where the objects are Strings. In
other contexts I have seen the class name for an array of Strings displayed as
“class [Ljava.lang.String”, but perhaps it’s printed differently by this
reflection API.

—Steve