I currently have some core.async code that looks like:

    (map< :foo ch)

However, map< and map> are now deprecated, with the suggestion to use
transducers instead. Unfortunately it's not obvious how to go about that.

At first I thought that I could use a pipe and a new channel:

    (pipe ch (chan 1 (map :foo)))

But there's no distinction between channel input and output here. This
matters because I'm using a bidirectional channel from Chord
<https://github.com/jarohen/chord>.

I'm thinking that it would be nice to have some functions like:

    (eduction< ch xform)
    (eduction> ch xform)
    (eduction ch xform)

So I could write something like:

    (eduction< ch (map :foo))

Have I missed anything? Is there some equivalent to this functionality
already in core.async that I haven't noticed?

- James