Yes, Thomas Tsai is working on the improvement of partclone.

Lukas,
Please send us gprof results you have.
Thanks.

Steven.

On 2010/4/14 下午 02:43, Lukas Grässlin wrote:
> Regarding the perfmance of partclone: Look at the "on-the-fly
> performance" Thread in this mailing list.
>
> Partclone does some odd things which slow down the speed. You can
> improve this by saying not to use the gui. (I think this is in the
> expert options). But it stills does stupid things, like calculating the
> speed too often which resultes in high cpu load.
>
> Regards,
> Lukas
>
> On 14.04.2010 06:39, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
>> Hello Steven,
>>
>> I've been using Clonezilla happily for more than 2 years and I always used
>> the
>> custom options and specifically partimage as the cloning tool.  Since
>> partimage
>> seems to be a dead project (and no support for ext4) and considering that
>> Clonezilla uses partclone as the default option I decided to use this.
>>
>> My observation was that partclone takes some more time.  When it started
>> saving the partition, I wasn't sure what it was doing.  There was some
>> progress indicator (percentage) (Generating bitmap..) and I after that it
>> started again another progress indicator (I guess the actual creation of the
>> image).  I'm a bit confused about these 2 steps as soon as partclone starts.
>> Any tip will be appreciated. (just curious).
>>
>> Thanks for Clonezillla.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jorge

Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.
http://www.nchc.org.tw
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 1024D/9762755A
Fingerprint: A2A1 08B7 C22C 3D06 34DB  F4BC 08B3 E3D7 9762 755A