On 14.04.2010 16:15, Steven Shiau wrote:

> Lukas Grässlin wrote:
>>> There is an option "-f" of partclone which you might be interested to
>>> give it try.
>>> You can tune it to see if any difference.
>>>

>> As I understood the code, -f only affects the time the gui itself would
>> be refreshed, but the update_pui method which also runs calculate_speed
>> anyway is run.
>>

> Thanks. I will check with Thomas,

No problem.

You can see it e.g. here in restore.c :

        /// start restore image file to partition
        for( block_id = 0; block_id < image_hdr.totalblock; block_id++ ){
                /* doing things, copying the blocks */
            update_pui(&prog, copied, done);
        } // end of for

I did a patch for myself within I told it just call update_pui once for
5000 blocks. Don't know if its a good idea, but it worked ;)

>> If I've time I'll try the older clonezilla live, too.
>>

>>> BTW, maybe you can also give Clonezilla live 1.2.2-14 a try? It's
>>> partclone is older, and we might have a regression somewhere...
>>> Please let us know the results.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Steven.

Lukas Grässlin

Collax GmbH . Basler Str. 115a . 79115 Freiburg . Germany

p: +49 (0) 89-990 157-23

Collax - Simply Linux.

Geschäftsführer: Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 * Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942