Also, you can usually set a default network on a tagged/trunked port, so
that no config changes to the existing infrastructure would be required
(aside from implementing the new hardware). Existing stuff just works off
of the native network for that port, and anything that needs tags can do
so. Sounds like its a bit too late for that, though!