On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:09 PM, John Kinsella <j...@stratosec.co> wrote:
> Thanks to everybody for joining the weekly IRC meeting. We went pretty long
> again today (90 minutes) but I think it was necessary to talk through some
> issues.
>

> Meeting summary
> ---------------
> * CloudStack IRC meeting for 8/31/2012  (jlkinsel, 17:06:47)
>   * ACTION: bhaisaab to look into automating ASL license check (jlkinsel,
> 17:18:33)
>   * AGREED: continue using waf to build rpm package  (jlkinsel, 17:24:57)
>   * ACTION: widodh to build both DEB and RPM packages  (jlkinsel, 17:33:27)
>   * LINK: http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/all/libmysql-java/filelist
> (widodh, 17:48:11)
>   * ACTION: ke4qqq create discussion on list about when to break/fix build
> system before release  (jlkinsel, 18:00:17)
>   * pradeep to fix custom build property to find mysql connector that is used
> by deploy db build target  (jlkinsel, 18:09:34)
>   * not yet ready to rebranch for 4.0 - need to first get build process
> fixed.  (jlkinsel, 18:09:38)
>   * 3.0.2 to 4.0 upgrade is ready for testing.  (ewanmellor, 18:17:49)
>   * we're aiming to have RC1 released Thursday 9/6/2012  (jlkinsel, 18:27:10)
>   * Citrix documentation folks should be able to help with 4.0 docs
>     starting next week  (jlkinsel, 18:30:30)
>   * hibernate patch to be merged today  (jlkinsel, 18:31:31)
>
> Action Items
> ------------
> * bhaisaab to look into automating ASL license check
> * widodh to build both DEB and RPM packages
> * ke4qqq create discussion on list about when to break/fix build system
> before release
>
> Full minutes:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Meeting+31+August+2012+Minutes
> Full log:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Meeting+31+August+2012+Log

Hi all,

I just read through the meeting log, and have a couple of follow up items:

1 - RAT and Whisker for Licensing - No, they are not perfect.
However, they are really designed to help maintain a steady state for
the project.  I was asking for help manually auditing the file tree,
so that we can then depend on those tools to audit the source (RAT)
and maintain the LICENSE and NOTICE files (Whisker).

2 - RC binary hosting - ASF has a place for hosting the RC builds:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack .  We need
to use the mirrors for our downloads though.

3 - RC binary contents - IMO, we should only include the Apache
compatible source / deps in the binary distribution.

Last item:  Unless there is an objection, I'm going to attempt to
follow the ASF release process for JUST the source code today.  We can
add in the binary distributions on Thursday (once building is back on
track).  This will allow us to test the ASF mirroring process.

-chip