There are a couple of issues with ant now. The main issue is that the
dependencies have been removed from the source tree, which is a good thing.
However it means that you will have to get them yourself. See my mail on the
mailing list on how to do that using maven. The debug server is broken now
because the mysql libraries are not copied to the lib directory anymore because
that lib is also gone. Put it in the webapp lib folder and everything should
work, but I did not test this.

> > Couple of questions that I would like some feedback on:
> > * Maven includes the dependencies with their original filename, I believe
> we used to ship our deps with cloud- prepended to the name. Now we need
> to either check if our dependencies aren't already supplied by the OS or put
> them in a different directory, like /usr/share/java/cloud/*jar. What is the
> best route to take?
>
> Fixable with a custom maven exec? I think it's better to ship these jars with
> cloud- prefix (if there is no licensing issue) or for distro specific releases
> (debs, rpms) have the dependencies added in the rules.
>
> > Feedback, ideas,
>
> I'm new to maven and I think many of us are too. Could you share with us
> simple commands on how to use the ol' ant commands deploydb, deploy-
> server and debug with maven. Do we have those goals running now, or are
> the wip? For me ant commands don't work anymore.

Good point, I've consolidated some info that was posted to the dev list and
updated the wiki page here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building+with+Maven

> > complaints anyone?
>
> For the past one week I'm unable to get my server running.
> Not towards any specific person, but can we please not commit partial
> changes into master at least?

See the thread "[DISCUSS] Build process/binaries in our tree/candidate to begin
testing with" for the how and why of this change. I agree it's a pita now, but
hopefully it means we can ship version 4.0.0 when we fix this.