> If we pass the following parameters with the API
> Email
> Firstname
> Lastname
> Username
> Password
>
> And not pass the 'account' parameter (or keep the 'account' parameter as
> blank) then ,
>
> Should the user be created taking the account name same as the username?
> (because this is the behavior as per the API Docs.)
> Or it should just return an error asking for the missing  'account'
> parameter.?

For expected behaviour - account parameter should be required argument IMO. We
can have different
accounts with the same username and it will cause confusions if accounts are as
below.

Consider:
        Account: JohnSmith, User : JohnSmith
        Account: JohnS,  User: JohnSmith

User might intend to be registering into JohnS while registration
fails for account JohnSmith.

--
Prasanna.,